CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gardening: Cold Frame

My dad has checked another task off of the Daddy Do List. He built these spectacular raised beds for me last year. It's been wonderful having these to plant vegetables in. This year I asked him to build me a cold frame or a top for one of the boxes so I can plant fall/winter vegetables and get a head start on spring veggies.

Once again, dad came through. He built these hinged tops with a plexiglass window to allow the light in. The have snazzy handles for lifting the 2 pieces, as well as a bolt to allow for lifting of both sides at once.



Yeah Daddy!!

3 comments:

mac said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous!

Wendy said...

wow, what a beautiful coldframe!

meemsnyc said...

How beautiful! I have to show the husband! We were thinking of doing cold frames this winter.