CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farmer's Market: Walla Walla Onions, Corn, Baby Artichokes, Sweet Sue Too Peaches, Apricots, Crab and Steamer Clams

It was a great haul at the Farmer's Market this weekend. I got more Walla Walla Onions and some Sweet C Corn (yellow). I also bought some baby Artichokes. I've never cooked these tiny guys but after listening to the guy explain how he does it, I was sold! Stay tuned to see if I can pull it off myself.

I also got some Apricots and some Sweet Sue Too Peaches. I bought 4 of these peaches, then decided to go back and get an entire box. I shared some with my neighbors. I plan on canning some when they ripen.
The peaches are huge. There's like the size of a small softball! They had samples and they taste so yummy! I can't wait until mine are ripe!
I also got some fresh Dungeness Crab and Steamer Clams.
I ended up making some Wined and Dined Steamer Clams with these guys.

Gotta love the Farmer's Market!!

0 comments: