CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 2, 2010

What's Cookin?: Strawberry Lemonade

While wandering through Costco, I saw this agave. Ooohhh, cool! It made me think about what I could use this with. I bought it to sweeten iced tea but then my mind started thinking of other creations.....

I had lots of leftover strawberries that were getting ripe really quickly even after making my jam. I washed, hulled and mashed up the rest. I froze them in 2 c. servings for use later. I kept a jar in the refrigerator. I thought about a nice strawberry lemonade!!

This is a yummy drink that is cool and refreshing. It hits the spot on warm summer days.
Strawberry Lemonade

2 c. water
3/4 c. agave
1 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 or 5 lemons)
2-3 Tbsp. crushed strawberries
2 c. cold sparkling water, club soda or tonic water

1) Mix water and agave in a pitcher. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and crushed strawberries. Stir well.
2) Add sparkling water, club soda or tonic water and stir well. Add more agave to taste.

3) Pour over glasses filled with ice and serve.

0 comments: