CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's Cookin?: Artichokes

These were some Italian Artichokes from the farmer's market. They're grown in Corvallis, OR. Mmm...they're so yummy! I love the green and vibrant purple color. They're very tasty too! I just cut off the top and trim the thorns off the side leaves. I boil a pot of water and add 3 cloves of garlic, 1 lemon (cut in half and juiced in the water) and 1 bay leaf. I boil them in the water for about 30-45 minutes. After they're done, drain them upside down to get the water out.


I usually make a simple mayonaise and soy sauce aoli to use as a dipping sauce. Delicious!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, you have been busy on the road, in the garden and in the kitchen... sounds wonderful.

We just had our first artichokes from the garden a few days ago and they were yummy. I am envious of your gorgeous carrots. We have seeded and reseeded to no avail.

thanks for sharing:)