CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Travels: Las Vegas, Nevada

I recently spent a few days in Las Vegas, Nevada visiting my brother and his family. Most of the pictures from that trip was of family. There were a few I managed to take of misc. food novelties.

Have you ever been to the International Marketplace in Las Vegas? This place is awesome for foodies! In Portland we have Asian markets that not only have most Asian pantry items but usually stock some goodies from Hawaii. This place has anything you can think of. It's not just Asian foods, there's many other countries represented. Although I didn't spend a lot of time browsing each aisle, you could easily spend hours here.

I forgot to photo my stash but I managed to take a picture of my lychee. Yum!

What about Loacker wafers? Have you tried these. I love these. We tried Hazelnut and a berry flavor.

International Marketplace
5000 S. Decatur Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
ph: (702) 889-2888


While visiting we had a family dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. I have never been here before.


We started with the Crazy-Good Crab Dip. The dip was a little salty. My niece enjoyed the colorful chips.
I'm not sure what I was thinking but I ordered the Old Bay Crabpot (2 clusters of Alaskan Snowcrab, 1 lb. clams, sausage, corn and potatoes flavored with Old Bay Seasoning). It was a lot of food. It was a little spicy with the seasoning but it was yummy! My niece decided she wanted to try the crab. It was her first time eating crab and she loved it!

It was a great place for a nice family dinner. Even my little niece was well entertained!

Joe's Crab Shack
1991 N. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89108
ph: (702) 646-3996

1 comments:

scrapper al said...

Thanks for the info on the International Market. I think it would be funny if I went all the way to Vegas to go grocery shopping.