CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 9, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Ikenohana

I've raved about Ikenohana before. It's a hole in the wall restaurant in a strip mall in Beaverton. It's my favorite Japanese restaurant and I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years now. The sushi is average. That's not what keeps me coming back. The real draw is the Japanese homestyle cooking. When my family or friends are in town visiting, this is often on the list of places to visit.

I usually get the same thing 80% of the time. I really really love the nabeyaki udon here. It's delicious!!

Today, I decided to switch things up. I got a combination dinner for $14.95. It's a great deal because you get to choose 2 dishes to make your own combination. The dishes are also full sized meals so make sure you're extra hungry or you'll be bringing home lunch for the following day. Serving sizes are pretty large.

They start you off with miso soup, a garden salad (with the best miso dressing ever) and a vinegared bean thread noodle and cucumber salad.
I love the tempura here. It's always perfectly done. It takes skill to make a great tempura batter and the kitchen at Ikenohana has it down pat. It's just the way I like it!

I ordered the Tempura and Teriyaki Salmon Combination.

Needless to say, it was a lot of food and I ended up with leftovers. However, I just couldn't pass up an order of my favorite Americanized sushi, the Spider roll. The Spider roll is a tempura battered soft shell crab wrapped with lettuce, cream cheese, cucumbers and a yummy teriyaki sauce. It's devine!!

Ikenohana
14308 SW Allen Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005
ph: (503) 646-1267

0 comments: