CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 5, 2010

Gardening: Harvest 7/5/10

I was out of town for the 4th of July weekend. I managed to harvest a batch of snow peas right before I left. I also had 3 baby strawberries.

The weather had stayed very mild while I was away. It was mostly in the low to mid 70's. When I got back, my peas had gone crazy! I was able to harvest another batch of snow peas, as well as my first batch of snap peas of the season.
**Edited to add the lettuce that I forgot about**
I managed to harvest 2 heads each of Red leaf and Green leaf lettuce before leaving town.

**Linking to Daphne's Dandelions for Harvest Mondays**

3 comments:

Martha said...

Not bad: a harvest and vacation. Those peas look great!

Daphne said...

I seem to be in pea heaven right now too. I'm going to have to rip them out at the end of the week though. It will be so sad.

thyme2garden said...

I'm so jealous of your pea harvest! My sugar snap peas didn't do so well this year due to late planting and getting attacked by wild rabbits. I've gotten TWO pea pods so far. And I was anal enough to photograph it for my blog. :) Nice finding you through Daphne's Harvest Monday!