CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Gardening: Harvest 7/26/10

I can't believe another Monday has rolled around. I've been busy harvesting my lettuce. I had a nice mixture of red leaf, romaine, red sails, butterhead, & prizehead lettuces to harvest. Although I had planted successive crops (about every 2-3 weeks), they all seemed to have matured at the exact same time!

I didn't have time to snap pictures because there was so much. In fact, it was so rampant, I ended up gifting a mixed bag of lettuce to both my neighbors. They were quite pleased. Salad all around! Here was my mixed salad (all odds and ends that were harvested from my garden).
Last week I pulled some radishes. I had expected them to be spicy because of the warm weather but to my surprise, they were perfect!
I also picked a bunch of snow peas, snap peas and a few green beans last week. Everytime I say I've picked the last of the peas, they seem to produce a little more. I'm sure the snap peas and shelling peas are done for (really, this time). I have to pull them but haven't gotten up the courage to do so just yet. The snow peas have been ultra productive this year. I'm sure I'll get at least one more round out of them and it's the end of July already!

More baby bok choy! I planted a lot of these this year. I love baby bok choy! These beauties were harvested yesterday. I'm making a miso glazed scallop with baby bok choy and snow peas. Stay tuned for the recipe.
Yesterday's harvest was plentiful. I got another round of snow peas, a handful of green beans, a few more radishes, the last of the April crop of baby carrots, some strawberries and some cherry tomatoes.

Here's the produce all washed up and looking purty.

It's been an excellent year for snow peas!

Here's a few green beans. I'm hoping the next bunch produces en mass so I can make some yummy dilly pickled green beans.

I made a chili taco salad tonight with these lovely Romaine lettuce heads.


Happy Harvest!!

**Linking up to Daphne's Dandelion's Harvest Monday**

8 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That salad looks delicious! Yummy.

thyme2garden said...

I kept scrolling down and your pictures kept coming. Wow, your garden must be doing for you to get all kinds of harvest like this. Has the weather been pretty cool out west? Your lettuce and peas look like they are doing great!

Thomas said...

I love seeing what others are harvesting in different parts of the country. Looks like you still have some great cool weather crops coming in. I looking forward to revisiting them this fall.

Daphne said...

It is funny because I envy your peas now. A few weeks ago I was buried in them and was getting tired of them. Now that I don't have any I want them back.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Those are two of my favourite red foods: strawberries and tomatoes. I'm sure your neighbours appreciated such a great looking salad.

mac said...

Lovely harvest, the salad looks good.

Sadly out weather is too hot to grow any bok choy and peas, brassicas don't do well for us in the spring, they grow much better in the fall.

Family Balance Sheet said...

Yum that salad looks delicious. Home grown salads are the best. You have quite a variety of vegetables and everything looks great.

Thanks for stopping by my site.

Dirt Lover said...

What beautiful pictures! Nice harvest.
~~Lori