CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Farmer's Market: Fava Beans, Walla Walla Onions, Artichokes, Nectarines, Peaches, Berries, Bread, Salami & Cheese

It was a great weekend at the farmer's market! This week I decided to get some fava beans. I've never had them before but I had a recipe I had been wanting to try out. The Walla Walla sweet onions looked so pretty that I had to have some (and I don't even like onions!). I also couldn't pass up the Italian artichokes. Yum!


Summer means fresh fruits! Baird Family Orchards had some peaches (Sweet Sue) and nectarines (Fire Bright) this week. I also bought more fresh strawberries (Albion), raspberries (Tulameen) and blueberries (Spartan) from Unger Farms.


I got a baguette from Grand Central Bakery, peach cobbler bread from Bungalow Bread Company, some fontina cheese from Willamette Valley Cheese Co. and some Salchichon salami (Spanish style) from Olympic Provisions.

All in all, it was a great haul at the Farmer's Market!! I love Saturdays!!

0 comments: