CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wine Tasting: Tori Morr, Domaine Serene & Sokol Blosser

It was a beautiful day in the Oregon valley for wine tasting. I had an order to pick up at Sokol Blosser winery and decided to make a day trip out of it. There are so many wonderful wineries in the Dundee/Dayton area of Oregon that it was hard to choose which ones to visit. I decided on 2 that I've never been to before.

First up was Torii Mor Winery.
The tasting room is in this cute little house that's surrounded by a nice outside Asian themed garden.
I believe the flight was $10 for 4 or 5 different wines. After our taste, we took a peek at the vineyard and the beautiful views of the mountains.





After a few pictures, we were off to our next stop...

Torii Mor Winery (Tasting Room)
18323 NE Fairview Drive
Dundee, OR 97115
ph: 503-538-2279
http://www.toriimorwinery.com/

I took the wrong turn and ended up loving the view of this farm and the fields surrounding it.
I finally got back on track and found Domaine Serene.

It's a gorgeous drive up to the tasting room.

The grounds are nicely maintained with lots of pretty flowers.



The tasting fee was $15 (which is refunded if you purchase 6 or more bottles of wine).
Domaine Serene featured a lovely flight of current releases. The 2007 Cote Sud Vineyard Chardonnay was the first taste. This was a very nice Chardonnay. I ended up purchasing 2 bottles of it.
Next up was the Two Barns Vineyard Pinot Noir.
This next pinot noir was my favorite. It was a 2006 Evenstad Reserve Pinot Noir. It scored 92 points with Wine Spector. I liked it so much that I also bought 2 bottles.
The last wine was a nice Syrah. The grapes for the 2006 Rockblock Reserve Syrah are grown in Southern Oregon.

They have a really nice tasting room here. The views are also fantastic!



6555 NE Hilltop Lane
Dayton, OR 97114
ph: (503) 864-4600
http://www.domaineserene.com/

Last but not least was a trip to the winery where I had an order already waiting. Since we were there, we did a wine flight. There were some summer release wines on the menu that I was itching to try.


I love the sweeter white summer wines they were currently pouring. The 2009 Willamette Valley Muller-Thurgau was lovely. I purchased 2 bottles. I also loved the 2009 Willamette Estate Early Muscat. This was a great light, sweet summer sipper. I got 2 bottles of this also.

Here's a view of the vineyard at Sokol Blosser.
They also had some cherry trees on the property.


5000 Sokol Blosser Lane
Dundee, OR 97115
ph: (503) 864-2282
www.sokolblosser.com

0 comments: