CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 28, 2010

What's Cookin?: Chicken with Snow Peas

Since I finally had enough snow peas to make a meal, I decided to make a chicken stir-fry. This is a versatile recipes. I usually mix and match proteins (usually using chicken, shrimp & scallops) and veggies (depending what left overs I have).


Chicken and Snow Peas

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast; sliced thinly and into bite sized pieces
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp sesame oil
8 oz. snow peas, remove strings
3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 can sliced bamboo shoots
1 can baby corn, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 c. chicken broth

1) Add sliced chicken to a medium bowl. Add 1/2 tsp. cornstarch, salt, pepper and sesame oil and toss. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

2) Boil a small pot of water on the stove. Add snow peas to the boiling water. Cover pot and cook for about 1 minute. Drain and immediately rinse peas in cold water. Set aside and allow to drain.

3) Mix oyster sauce, water and 1 Tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.

4) Heat a wok until it is very hot. Add 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, tilt wok to coat sides. Add ginger and garlic to the wok; then add the chicken. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked through.

5) Add bamboo shoots and baby corn. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add chicken broth to the wok. Heat until sauce comes to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch/oyster sauce mixture and stir until the sauce is thickened. Add the snow peas and stir fry for 30 seconds.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Yum! I have so my snow peas in the fridge at the moment. I will have to give this a try.

Angela said...

Makes me hungry:-) I have no peas any longer, so I will have to wait until the fall to try it, or maybe I'll substitute beans?