CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's Bakin?: Peanut Butter Frosting

Mmmm....I *heart* peanut butter! I believe it should be an official food group. I've been saving this recipe for some time now. I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. These brownies are from the box. They're the dark chocolate brownies! Mmm.....


What goes better with chocolate than PEANUT BUTTER! Peanut Butter Frosting here we come! Believe me when I say this frosting is heavenly!!

Peanut Butter Frosting
Adapted from: www.allrecipes.com (submitted by NICKIE75)

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, softened at room temperature
1 c. creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp. milk
2 c. confectioners' sugar

1) Place the butter and peanut butter into an electric mixer. Beat until mixed. Gradually add confectioner's sugar. When the mixture begins to thicken, add milk one Tbsp. at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in.
2) Continue beating mixture for at least 3 minutes until it becomes thick and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to mix well.
3) Once thick and fluffy, spread on your favorite cakes or sweets!

2 comments:

Ott, A. said...

My husband loves peanut butter so I will definitely give this a try. thanks for sharing.

~Holly~ said...

He's gonna love this frosting! I tried it on banana bread too. OMG..soo good! One problem though, it's highly addictive. I can't think of much it can't be spread on!