CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Restaurant Rambling: Pambiche

I've been bad about blogging about my adventures in the Portland culinary scene. Most times it's because I forget my camera at home. I remembered this time.

I took Dad to try something different. I thought I would take him to try out some Cuban fare at Pambiche. The building is hard to miss. You can see it from a mile away!

We sat outside on the covered walkway. They have awesome colorful benches on the sidewalk. It's a bit noisy on the street but it was nice to sit outside on such a beautiful day.

We started with the Guarapina - fresh pineapple juice and fresh pressed sugar cane juice ($3.00). Very refreshing and delicious!! Besides, I haven't gnawed on a piece of sugar cane since I was little.
I made dad try the Jufran sauce. Heeheehee! It's a banana ketchup. Have you ever tried it?

There was so much yumminess on the menu but I didn't care if we over ordered. We started with the Bacalao con Papa - Codfish and potato croquettes ($5.50) and the Maduros - fried ripe plantains ($6.75).


They were both delicious! The Bacalao wasn't fishy at all. You could hardly taste the cod except for the saltiness it brought. The plantains were yummy. It tasted like fried bananas!

Dad tried roast pork sandwich. Sorry, I don't remember what it's called.

I tried the Plato Cubano - adobo marinated roast pork, served with Cuban beans and rice ($8.50). It was delicious. It didn't had a strong adobo taste like I'm used to with Filipino adobo. Instead it was more subtle. The portion size was big. I had leftovers to take with me.

I highly recommend you try out Pambiche. It's a fun place with an extensive menu. Get your inner Cubano on!

Pambiche
2811 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97232
ph: (503) 233-0511
http://www.pambiche.com/

0 comments: