CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gardening: Drying Herbs

My little deck herb garden was getting a little crazy. The thyme and pineapple sage were producing long and out of control shoots. I gave them both a little haircut. I guess I should have taken a before and after picture to show you how crazy it had gotten.

Here's the after picture, looking nice and manageable.

Thyme
Pineapple Sage
I took the trimmings and rubber banded the ends together. I have them strung up in the laundry room to dry. Once dry, I'll crumble them up and store them in airtight jars for use in cooking. I'm not quite sure what to do with the pineapple sage. It seemed like a waste to just throw the leaves in the compost pile. Any suggestions for dried pineapple sage leaves?

Thyme

Pineapple Sage

0 comments: