CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Farmer's Market: Rainier and Chelan Cherries

My allergies have been making my life HELL this week. Nevertheless, I've taken my dad out on some Portland adventures. Today was no different. We went to check out the Beaverton Farmer's Market. I love the market!


We didn't buy too much. We had some tamales for brunch from the Canby Asparagus Farm stall. I had the yummy chicken tamale and dad chowed down on a pork/asparagus tamale. Sipid was there at the market juicing up some freshly juiced drinks. They were sampling an Orange Pear juice that was tasty but I had my heart set on an Apple Ginger juice. Delicious!!

We walked away with these yummy treats!! It's cherry season!! I love Rainier cherries! They're so sweet and delicious! They had several red cherry varieties at the market today but we decided on the Chelan cherries. They were had a nice cherry crunch and were super sweet! Both of these were $4.50 a pound. A great deal considering how fresh and gorgeous they looked!
We also brought home a bunch of Italian (Lacinto) Kale. Dad's never tried it so I thought I would serve some up to see if he likes it.

0 comments: