CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brown Rice Cuts Risk of Type 2 Diabetes

A new study from Harvard shows that Americans that eat 2 or more servings of brown rice a week reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 10% vs. those who eat brown rice less than once a month. Listen up all you white rice lovers....the study also reports that eating white rice on a regular basis (5 or more times a week) are 20% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who eat it less than once a month.

First of all, who eats white rice just once a month? *shock* Just kidding. As someone who is Japanese and from Hawaii, white rice is not an option. It's a given. I have to say though, I have been better about making brown rice. I usually mix 2 cups of brown rice with 1 cup of white rice and cook it in the rice cooker. I enjoy my white rice, but I realize brown rice is healthier for you. I just like the fluffy and softness white rice brings so I will mix them. Straight brown rice is often to harsh for my taste.

Here's the link to the article in case anyone is interested in reading it:

1 comments:

Wes, Dawn, Kaytin and Caleb said...

you have to go find shirakiku sukoyaka genmai brown rice. it's pricey, but cooks up just like white rice. can even make spam musubi with it!