CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 28, 2010

Rain drops keep falling on my head...


Holy smokies! Just when I get my hopes up that the rain will stop, we get another downpour. Yesterday we had a horrible storm. I was driving home from work and needed to stop by the bookstore.


Getting onto the freeway, it was coming down hard. I could barely see the road! As I approached the bookstore, pea sized hail came throttling down. I'm sure my car has marks on it because it was coming down so hard. I reach the bookstore, only to leave again. The parking lot was literally a swimming pool. The heavy downpour was overwhelming their gutters and rain was pouring down the side of the store. There was no way I could make it out of my car. I had left my canoe at home.

*sigh* All I could think about was my poor veggies outside getting assaulted by Mother Nature. I like rain, rain is good. But please, moderation is good too.

Some of my heartier plants are enjoying the cool weather and soaking rains. Can't we find a happy medium?

1 comments:

Ott, A. said...

We planted swiss chard last year and had a good crop of it. Hope yours turns out well also.