CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gardening: Wacky Wednesday!


Eeek!! There's an awful weather system descending on the Portland Metro area! It's not typical of May, but rather of our fall and winter. In any case, it spells TROUBLE!! It's been raining steadily today. It's stopped now and there's sun breaks. But, oh the wind. It's very blustery outside. But oh wait, is that more rain? Ouch...is that hail? No, it's just big rain drops that hurt because it's so freakin windy! UGH!

I raced home to save my tomato plants. I had uncovered them from the walls of water this weekend. Oh crap! They're going to die!! I hurriedly wrapped them back up. It's crazy windy out there. I hope they survive!

As if all of that isn't enough, they're calling for thunderstorms tonight! AND...the snow level will drop to 3,000 feet! Talk about a Wacky Wednesday. I'll have to do a welfare check tomorrow to see if the plants survive. I'll be soooo sad if they don't! Brace yourselves, it's an icky week ahead!

0 comments: