CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gardening: Transplanting Seedling Starter Plants

It was a beautiful weekend in Oregon. Temperatures jumped to the 70's. It was blue skies and sunshine. I took advantage of the warm weather to spend some time outside. I also transplanted my tiny vegetable starters into larger pots and let them soak in the sun.

My tomatoes, eggplant and peppers weren't as big as I had hoped for this time of year. I think next year I'll have to invest in a grow light. They just didn't get quite enough sunshine as I had hoped near the window. They were also a little "leggy". They still have quite a ways to go so I'm hoping they'll be ready once the temperature consistently warms up. I reused my plastic containers the smaller annuals came in from the nursery and bought some small peat pots.
Here's their "before" shot:
And here's the "after" shot:

- Eggplants: Thai Tiger Eggplants and Japanese Millionaire Eggplant
- Tomatoes: Roma Tomatoes and Oregon Spring Tomatoes

- Peppers: Shishito Peppers and Red Bell Peppers


Here's hoping they'll grow some more between now and in-ground planting time!

0 comments: